Search Careers at Canalta Hotels
We believe that Legendary Managers strive to create an environment in which team members feel inspired to engage. They select talent carefully and then work diligently to develop their team members. They embrace and capitalize on the strengths of their team members. They mentor, coach and empower team members to be the best they can be. They applaud and recognize success because... they care.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of property management including delivering exceptional guest service, providing an ideal work environment for team members, managing their property in accordance to Canalta’s philosophies, policies and procedures, and in overseeing the property’s sales efforts. The General Manager will maximize financial performance, customer satisfaction and team development.
Do you strive to achieve excellence in all that you do? Are you a compassionate person driven by making connections and serving others? Does the idea of developing individuals into high performing team members excite you?
We understand that you might not be a legendary manager just yet but if you just read the statements above and feel a sense of intrigue, excitement and a calling to lead, you might be a fit for the Canalta Management Team.
If you are selected to join our team, you will earn the privilege to attend the Canalta University and receive ongoing coaching from leaders who are committed to your development. You will learn valuable leadership and management skills that will benefit you in all aspects of your life. Canalta leaders will be there to support you every step of the way; as long as you are committed to us, we will be committed to your development.
We will be the best managed select service hotel group in Canada.
We will lead successfully to provide...
- Our team members with a fun and caring environment focusing on teamwork.
- Our guests with an outstanding experience beginning with our superior hotels, legendary customer service and remarkably clean rooms.
- Our communities with a true partnership committed to environmental and economic sustainability.
- To relentlessly and passionately strive towards achieving our mission and vision in the leadership of your hotel
- To genuinely care about your team members’ well-being, development and performance
- To joyfully recognize and celebrate all of the successes of your team and your team members
- To provide a collaborative leadership style to the guest services, housekeeping and maintenance departments in order to maintain an engaged, high performing customer service culture
- To effectively train, delegate to, and coach team members to achieve excellent service levels and establish order and calm in a fast paced work environment
- To happily and graciously ensure that all guests are provided with Canalta’s Legendary Hospitality
- To collaborate with Canalta management in the development of your hotel’s operational strategy and competitive position
- To diligently execute all initiatives in alignment with your hotel’s operational strategy, including revenue management, sales and marketing, etc.
- To achieve financial goals by effectively managing financial performance of the hotel (budget management and reporting)
- To proudly uphold Canalta’s operational and quality standards with effective and thorough staff training, coaching and quality control
- To be an engaged and respected member of your community and foster community involvement amongst your team
- To carefully plan and execute sales, marketing and community engagement activities and reporting via our Canalta Community Partnership Plan
- To assist in the seamless execution of all Canalta driven programs at the property level including revenue management and loyalty initiatives
- Five years’ experience in hospitality or customer service
- Two years of supervisory/management experience with clearly demonstrated experience in managing team members
- Completed Step 1 of the Canalta Supervisor Training Program
- Active participation and excellent performance in all Canalta programs including Signature Training, Loyalty sign ups and team building activities
- Strong business sensibility
- Strong volunteer experience within your local community or very strong interest in community involvement
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent team player with clearly demonstrated experience in training team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with clearly demonstrated ability to organize yourself and others
- Excellent time management skills with clearly demonstrated ability in organizing your time effectively against numerous priorities
- Excellent computer skills and experience in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Email, and Social Media
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and resolve problems efficiently
- Experience and capability to effectively perform sales related activities
- Willingness and capability to travel for meetings and training opportunities
- Willingness and capability to work overtime, irregular hours, holidays, etc.
- Hospitality certifications, diplomas or degrees
- Business and management certifications, diplomas or degrees
Team Member Benefits:
- Group benefits including Extended Health Care, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Dental, Optical, Prescriptions
- Use of Canalta managed hotel facilities (fitness room, pool and waterslide for you and your immediate family)
- Discounts at Canalta managed hotels
- Apply Now
Position closes Feb 29, 2016